Max's Reviews > The Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow

The Twelve Kingdoms by Fuyumi Ono

Jun 08, 2009

bookshelves: advisory

Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow, a book of mystery and a world of new beginnings and prejudice, and a girl that must learn to understand it all.

Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow starts out in Japan in "our world" with a young girl named Yoko. She was taken to a strange world by a mysterious boy named Keiki to the world of the Twelve Kingdoms. Yoko is chased and attacked by strange creatures and is prejudiced against because she is a Kaikyaku (human from our world), though, as time passes she sees further into her self and finds out the truth of her past. She's not even a human, she is Taika (king or queen of one of the Twelve Kingdoms born in our world but destined to rule in theirs). The whole time she has been fighting and killing to get home but the entire time she was already where she belonged.

i recommend Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadow to anyone who likes adventure and can keep up with complicated story lines. This book is complicated and long but its one of the best books I've ever read.

(Ms. Shah said this book counted as 2 books)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twelve Kingdoms.