H.Lee 's Reviews > Risking It All

Risking It All by Jennifer  Schmidt

Sep 13, 12

Read in July, 2012

I really, really enjoyed this book! When I had first started it, the book had kind of reminded me of Beautiful Disaster. We all know that BD is one of my all time favorites, especially since NightlyReading is quoted on the back cover of the paperback. But, enough about that…on with the review…

I am going to cut right to the chase…Memphis… can I say la swoon? Memphis definitely has the bad boy exterior with the leather jacket and riding the motorcycle. But, he is all teddy bear inside. Perfect book boyfriend material!

I loved Kennedy in the beginning, but by the end, I wanted to slap the crap out of her! WTH was she doing??? I understand that she was confused, but oohhh boy, she sure does get herself into a pickle!!!

I was not a fan of Brooks from the get go. He just seemed so boring compared to Memphis.

One thought that I did have while reading was that I wish that we had a little more background into the conquests of Memphis. We get told that he is a player, but, we do not really get any examples. What a great idea for a novella!

The ending was actually pretty perfect and I was thrilled! I can’t wait to read more by this author:)

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Risking It All.