Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Lengths

Lengths by Steph Campbell

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read
Read on August 07, 2012

I absolutely love the books that completely consume you. The ones where once you start reading them, they are all that matters. The rest of the world drops away and just you and the characters in the story you are reading exist.

You become so wrapped up in the story and in the lives of the characters that they start to become a part of you, they start to be friends and people you care about and you just can't get enough of their story. You have to put everything on hold until you know how it ends.

As soon as I started this book, I knew it was going to be one of those reads. The all consuming, better have nothing else planned that day because it won't get done, read.

This book is full of completely great characters, Marigold, Rocko, grandpa (all so so funny!), Whit, but Deo was my favorite. He was just incredible. One thing if for sure, Reinhardt and Campbell know how to write a guy that will make your heart melt and wish you were the girl he was in love with. He knows how to treat those he loves well and love them completely. He isn't perfect, but I think that was the whole point. This book is full of characters who are flawed and make mistakes and that just makes them all the more real and likeable.

Whit's was so full of anger and guilt, but she was strong too, maybe even stronger than she knew. She just about broke my heart at times and other times I wanted to shake her and tell her how it really was. To make her see reason and to know that yes, she did deserve to be happy and to be loved.

She grew a lot in this story but so did Deo, I couldn't help but fall in love with them both.

Reinhardt and Campbell truly did an amazing job making this feel real with the raw grittiness that made it a fantastic and heartfelt read that I had a hard time putting down.

I was sad to see it end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lengths.