Margaret's Reviews > I Choose Life

F 50x66
Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: memoire-biography
Read in July, 2012

I loved this book, which is the story of two Holocaust survivors who met after the war after miraculously each of them surviving various camps. Sol and Goldie Finkelstein were each teenagers in Poland when the war began and during the period when daily life and survival became more and more difficult. The fact that they each survived is nothing short of miraculous, and that they later met each other and created loving lives and a long and happy marriage is wonderful.

Author Jerry Jennings has assisted the Finkelsteins and several other Holocaust survivors in telling their stories and I deeply honor him for doing so. As is related in the book, the Finkelsteins did not discuss their experiences, with their children or others, until many years after the fact, and this book is their contribution to ensuring that their and other survivors' stories are not lost forever with the passage of time and their passing from this world.

It's a wonderful book - I am in now in love with both Sol and Goldie; they are treasures.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Choose Life.