Melissa Brown's Reviews > How to Kill a Rock Star

How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo

Aug 16, 2012

Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars...it is up there with my very favorite books. I could not put this down and fell in love immediately with Paul. Loved all of the music references and the realistic nature of Paul and Eliza's love.
The building tension of this book made my stomach (Pancreas!) hurt----and the twists and turns were utterly magnificent!!!!
This is a BRILLIANT book and I cannot wait for more by this author!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Kill a Rock Star.

Quotes Melissa Liked

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Tell me what you listen to, and I'll tell you who you are.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Sometimes I would open my eyes when we were kissing, I would watch him and I could see it. I could actually see LOVE - not words, not an emotion, not an abstract concept or a subjective state of mind, but a living, breathing thing.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Eliza has the sky in her eyes and I’ve always wanted to touch the goddamn sky.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Break my heart? Is that what you just said? I have news for you; you didn't break my heart. My heart's fine. My heart's in the best shape of its life. You know what you did to me? You took an AK-47 and blew my soul open.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“See that?" Paul said. "Ten goddamn seconds."
"I don't get it."
"You didn't even have to hear the whole song, just a few lines, and you got the chills and that swirly, happy-sad feeling in your gut, didn't you?" ... "That's the difference between the real stuff and the crap. I know which one you are and you know which one I am.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Fate is the magnetic pull of our souls toward the people, places, and things we belong with.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“There are things we never tell anyone. We want to but we can’t. So we write them down. Or we paint them. Or we sing about them. It’s our only option. To remember. To attempt to discover the truth. Sometimes we do it to stay alive. These things, they live inside of us. They are the secrets we stash in our pockets and the weapons we carry like guns across our backs. And in the end we have to decide for ourselves when these things are worth fighting for, and when it’s time to throw in the towel. Sometimes a person has to die in order to live. Deep down, I know you know this. You just can’t seem to do anything about it. I guess it’s a sad fact of life that some of us move on and some of us inevitably stay behind. Only in this case I’m not sure which one of us is doing which. You were right about one thing though. It’s not fate. It’s a choice. And who knows, maybe we’ll meet again someday, somewhere up above all the noise. Until then, when you think of me, try and remember the good stuff. Try and remember the love.”

08/01/2012 page 200
48.0% "The building tension in this book is killing me....and so help me God if Eliza does something stupid...."
08/01/2012 page 305
73.0% "PAUL!!!!!!!!!!"
08/01/2012 page 417
100.0% "PAUL!!!!!!!!!!"

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-4 of 4) </span> <span class="smallText">(4 new)</span>

Tosha This is a FABULOUS book!!!

Elizabeth Goddamn Out-of-this-World!!!

Rebecca Love love love this book!!

Angela This book had me in tears!