Caitlin Audet's Reviews > Lengths

Lengths by Steph Campbell

Aug 08, 14

bookshelves: 2012-books, contemporary, books-i-bought, ebook
Read from August 06 to 08, 2014

When I first read the blurb for Lengths I knew I wanted to buy and read this book. A laid back surfer and a somewhat uptight but also fierce girl yes please. And I really did want to love this book but sadly it just wasn't there for me.

Lengths starts off real quick and fast which I think is the main reason I didn't like the story so much. Whit and Deo meet after a few pages when Deo goes to get a tattoo for his birthday. Just so happens that's where Whit works and when Deo finally decides on what to get he ends with something that Whit designed. Then right after he's done he walks Whit to the car and immediately kisses her. Most of the time I don't mind the instant lust and connection but this time I didn't understand why it needed to happen. There really wasn't much reason or emotion behind why Whit and Deo got together in the first place and sadly Deo was way more invested than Whit was. I understand she had her issues and secrets but it seemed like she was just stringing him along because she never shared anything piece of herself besides the obvious no matter how close Deo wanted to get.

The second main reason I didn't love Lengths was as fast the story started it seemed to hit a wall in the middle and took way too long to pick back up. Whit and Deo were kinda sorta living together as friends with benefits/dating until finally Deo said no more til Whit started talking and that only made her angry and pushed him away for a month. Then after he tried a different tactic to get information she pushed him away once again until finally by the end of the book where they both got the acts together and figured everything out.

I wouldn't say Lengths was bad it just wasn't the book for me. I do however have the rest of the series so it's not like I plan to never read these ever again. Lengths was still a cute story with a great guy who in my opinion carried me through the book but even still I am glad I have read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lengths.

08/06 marked as: currently-reading