Renee's Reviews > In It to Win It

In It to Win It by Morgan Kearns

Jul 27, 12

Read in June, 2012

In It To Win It, the second book in the Deadlines and Diamonds series left me breathless and wanting more.

KHB Sportscaster, Jane Alexander, is sent to follow the Rockets baseball teams journey through the post season playoffs and is reunited with her highschool beau, Grayson Pierce, the star player on the team. This is not a happy reunion for Jane as she relives the trauma of her highschool days and her perceived rejections. The interaction between main characters Grayson and Jane is electric.

Grayson's determination to win Jane's heart again is fraught with a little mystery, many trials and misunderstandings and there were times when I just wanted to scream at them both for being so obstinate. Ultimately, Grayson turned out to be the most heart melting hero I have read in a long time.

I found Jane to be a strong heroine, although she annoyed me on more than one occasion with her refusal to tell Grayson why she was trying so desperately to not become involved in his life again. But, hey, if it had been done my way it would not have been much of a story.

I enjoyed seeing characters from Fade To Black pop in and out of the story and in the end my heart melted and I could not wait to read the next book in this series.

Morgan Kearns is, in my opinion, a master at romance. This book had just the right amounts of intrigue, angst and romance to keep the reader in 'cannot put it down' mode.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In It to Win It.