Snotchocheez's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Dec 17, 12

Read from October 09 to December 17, 2012

Despite having an utterly preposterous ending which threatens to undermine all that precedes it, Ms Flynn's Gone Girl is one of the best (and creepiest) examinations of marital discord I've read in quite a while.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrea Oooh...a creepy examination of marital discord? Snakes alive, I've GOT to read this! Your review confirms what other friends have said: great till the end. On my TR list, just waiting to score a cheap used copy. Can't pay full price for a botched ending now, can I?;-D

Snotchocheez Indeed, Andrea, might not be worth a full price of admission (I, after all read the library's copy for free), but even with a silly ending, it's definitely a keeper. She had a similarly silly ending with her novel before this one, Sharp Objects, but she sure can spin a yarn with the best of them. Let's just say I was planning to give it 5 stars until I got to the end. (given that the book's cume rating is still, almost a year after published, above 4 stars, I'll bet that a good many Goodreaders were either able to buy the ending, or ignore it.) I wanted to write a detailed review of it but found I just couldn't do it without giving something away. Our tastes are kinda similar, it seems, so I'm confident you'll get SOMETHING out of it, anyway (other than a headache, that is). : )

Andrea Oh I'm sure I'll love parts of it. Creepy is good! I'll let you know whenever I get around to reading it. Cheers.

Sara I just finished this. As for the end, if I just tell myself this is a horror novel, I'm fine with it.