Kate's Reviews > Silver Storm

Silver Storm by Cynthia  Wright

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: skip-it
Read in January, 2012

I give this book 2 stars because I at least finished it. It is not well written. I am just perplexed by the reviews given this book stating how well written it is! Yes, the plot had promise, but the dialogue is stilted and...juvenile, for lack of a better word. I think a 7th grade creative writing assignment could potentially contain better dialogue. The formulaic plot was easy to predict, but could have made for a really great book nonetheless with better dialogue, MUCH stronger character development, and by working the period attitudes and customs more strongly into the characters' actions and opinions (and there are mistakes in regards to the period--ugh). Every other period romance I've read just about beats this one. Whole parts of this book could have been cut without damaging the story line at all. The lack of character development left me wondering why they said or did a lot of what they said or did--definitely not enough consistency. All these little flip-flops in the characters' personas could have gone unquestioned if the author worked harder at laying the groundwork. Even the love scenes were just okay, and once I got into this book a good bit, I figured that they must be the reason this romance novel was published, and that's a stretch. If you want to read about a bratty, whiny heroine and a complete and utter jerk of a hero, who have a few mediocre rolls in the hay, then this book is for you.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Storm.