Jenny Snelling's Reviews > The Inn at Rose Harbor

F 50x66
Aug 19, 2012

liked it
Read in August, 2012

I sometimes enjoy reading a Debbie Macomber book to get a break from some of the heavier books that I read. Usually I can pick up one of her books and sit on the couch and be finished with it in a day or two. Easy to get lost in the characters and I always want to drink a cup of tea and pick up a knitting project (too bad I don't knit) as I read. This book was no different.
It's about two characters who comes to Ceder Cove for a specific reason and stay at this inn. One character was trying to heal from a terrible tragedy that happened to her when she was a teenage. It involved a death of a friend and she wasn't ever able to forgive herself. I could really relate to this character as I also had to heal from the news that a good friend of mine had died in a car crash my senior year at college. It's always hard going through that and I could relate to her in so many ways and also find some peace from it.
The other character had to heal from having a tough relationship with his step dad. As he was the only living relative of this man he felt he was responsible to come home and be there with him as he was getting weaker and weaker and his end of life was coming to an end. It was coming to terms with his step dad and finding it in him to forgive.
Both characters didn't want to come home because of what they were afraid to face. Both characters were able to face their fears and find healing.
If you are a fan of Macomber's books than it is a book to pick up and read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inn at Rose Harbor.