Noel's Reviews > The Complete Conversations with God

The Complete Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch

Jul 27, 2012

liked it
Read from July 27, 2012 to October 09, 2015

It strikes me as rather peculiar how some people actually feel threatened in their belief because they read this book. There can't be much faith in that belief if it can be shaken that easily. If they were so sure to be right, they would not dread to put it to the test.

I'm not finished reading the book yet, my overall impression is at the moment this: It has some very fine moments which gave me new ideas. However I find the language a bit too simple for my taste and for what I'm used to and I get bored sometimes. Guess that's my fault. That's probably the way He talks to Mister Walsch. When God is talking to me He is a bit more of a poet, like a classic writer. He talks to everyone of us in the way we best understand I figure. And of course I asked Him to explain everything in the book in my own words. This arrangement works well.

One thing I like about the ideas in the book is, that they leave those who thought they were special (because they believe in one of the big religions) pretty small, and those who felt insignificant become almighty.

Stop interpreting things into it, that are not there, like: "Everyone is going to heaven" (fyi: There is no heaven.) or "Do what you want, it doesn't matter anyways."
It may be easier to think that Hitler came straight out of hell and went back there, that he was something different, like a different species. It would be more mature to ask yourself the question: What life, what force must be laid on me to make me do the things he did?

Personally I believe that there is no hell but the one we make for ourselves. That idea came to me long before I knew the book existed and I was pleased to find it there in slightly different words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Conversations with God.

10/09/2015 marked as: read