Dominica's Reviews > Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: own
Read from August 25 to September 27, 2012

Peter Pan was really easy to read, and I enjoyed sharing it with my 5 year old son. We had much entertainment, and my son especially loved coming back to when Wendy kept saying "Oo!" when Peter was trying to convince her to fly away to Neverland with him. I liked also seeing how true to the story the play version I had seen growing up was. The only thing I really had a problem with was the references to the redskins, since it's a lot more politically incorrect today, and there was a small section of that that suggested they needed a white leader.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter Pan.

08/25/2012 page 15
6.0% "I am reading this to my five year old, since I've never read it before but seen a few versions of the story."
08/29/2012 page 49
19.0% "I like how the story is familiar, whilst also noting the differences from the versions I've watched."
09/05/2012 page 81
31.0% "Well, gotta say, the play I've seen of Peter Pan is a lot more accurate than the Disney version. ;)"
09/07/2012 page 94
36.0% "The fairies coming back from an orgy was pretty funny reading as an adult in 2012 ;)"
09/08/2012 page 105
41.0% "Favourite quote from chapter 7 (Referring to Wendy):
When she sat down to a basketful of their stockings, every heel with a hole in it, she would flint up her arms and exclaim, 'Oh dear, I am sure I sometimes think spinsters are to be envied.'"
09/10/2012 page 124
48.0% "Aha! So the mermaid is where the Disney version got one of my favourite scenes from. I don't remember this sequence from the play."
09/12/2012 page 140
54.0% "My goodness, chapter 10 was a little more racist than I expected..."
show 7 hidden updates…