Steph's Reviews > The Accidental Countess

The Accidental Countess by Michelle Willingham

Sep 01, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in July, 2012

Fuck my internet connection. it is because of that that, once again, my review will be several paragraphs shorter than it was supposed to be.

**** Anyway...

'The Accidental Countess' was an enjoyable read for me. I liked the sex (very much so ;p), which was both sexy and... I don't know, dignified. No overly crude language, which I also like, call me a prude if you will.

I admired the smooth, flowing writing style of the author. The description wasn't overly done, and I could still picture for the most part what he characters were seeing and feeling.

Like other reviewers, I at times felt like the conflict separating hero from heroine was a bit drawn out, but it ended long before becoming weak and irritatingly done, so I have no real complaints there.

In regards to the mystery of who was the killer, I often found myself jumping from one suspicion to another over who it was. Frustrating though it was, I felt I was feeling the same frustration and anxiety as the main characters, which is a particular boon to me. I LOVE that in a mystery, and it upped my opinion of this book considerably.

Overall, not really a light read, but still quite good. I'd recommend it to anyone with a few hours to spare.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Countess.