Muriel's Reviews > A Countess Below Stairs

Feb 21, 09

bookshelves: favorites, read-2009, historical-fiction, romance
Recommended to Muriel by: Salford
Read in January, 2009

Oh what a lovely book this turned out to be! I adored the heroine Anna and all the lovely characters who she meets... the lovely Ollie and her family in particular. I really loved that the story doesn't go the route you expect with Anna suffering terrible indignities.

The meanies on the other hand, led by the insufferable snob Muriel (why do most of my literary namesakes tend to be of the dastardly variety?) were totally loathsome... we're talking of the Dursley variety here ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Countess Below Stairs.

01/01/2009 page 17
01/03/2009 page 277
72.32% "I'm absolutely in love with this book!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lady Salford I am so happy you enjoyed it. Anna and the Earl are fabulous characters. I love her adventures into the world of servants and her love for that book of hers. :)

Muriel Salford wrote: "I am so happy you enjoyed it."

I certainly did... your recommendations have all been superb. I will be starting 'The Morning Gift' as soon as I finish cooking and I plan to head to the bookstore and purchase whatever else I can find from Ibbotson by the end of this week!

Lady Salford The other adult books by her are A Song for Summer and A Company of Swans! :DDD