Kati's Reviews > Murder Most Gay

Nov 15, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: 2008, ebooks, in-english, queer, mystery
Read in November, 2008

The case was rather interesting and I did enjoy learning more about how the police proceeds in various cases. On the other hand, the author's style was rather dry, everything was described as if writing a police report - things like exactly how tall the men were and how much they weighed, time given in hrs. etc. - though it did get more suspenseful in the second half when the cops closed in on the culprits. Another thing that just didn't click was Pat's love life - his promiscuity made me quite uncomfortable and I just didn't believe that he was really in love with Dean all of a sudden, it was groundless. Also, this book needs a good proof-reader - "their" and "they're" really are two different things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Most Gay.

11/16/2008 page 63
28.64% "Rather dry. Reads more like a police report than mystery. And the sex? His "tunnel of pleasure"? Really?"
11/16/2008 page 122
55.45% "Better, but it still feels... emotionally detached, I guess."

message 1: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Darn...I have thought of getting this book MANY times, I am glad I passed on it. Great review:)

Kati I got the book in ebook form. It's good enough for a quick read but the author is more of a technical than a literary writer so his style is rather dry. And it seems that he must have been or is a cop because there are some interesting details about cops in general.

Matimate You are right about the book. It was like reading measurement book. 3 inch cock nearly killed me. It was ehm questionable. I read condor One and I liked it. You should check this one. I think you will find it interesting it is better.

Kati Yeah, I was rather disappointed. Thank you for the rec :)

Matimate Kati wrote: "Yeah, I was rather disappointed. Thank you for the rec :)"

I hope you will like it. I am currently on the second volume and it is good. There is a plot and minimum of sex scenes and if so they are not too explicit.