Audrey Crawford's Reviews > Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass

Life at the Bottom by Theodore Dalrymple

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: favorites
I own a copy, read count: 2

An absolutely excellent book!
I do not usually have an appetite for non-fiction, but this book made me an enthusiast for information and facts about society. It is a raw and clear explanation of the human condition and psyche that is found in the Underclass of England. What I once found to be confusing about the bad habits found in the lower class was only clarified when all factors were presented in the most unbiased fashion. It gives you chills to realize that this is only a prophecy of what is to come to our own shores. (Actually, after reading this, you'll realize it already has.)

Theodore Dalrymple --- or should I say Dr. Anthony Daniels --- is a genius.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life at the Bottom.

message 1: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Would you suggest this book for a man like me who is already extremely limited when it comes to reading time? Because it sounds like a good one for preaching perspective.

Audrey Crawford Sorry, I just saw your comment!!
Yeah, definitely. However, I would say that with this book, you should read it very slowly. I actually would read every chapter twice because there are a lot of details. I always come back to reading it. It's only 256 pages, so it doesn't take too long.
Brandon, you should most definitely read this.