Maria's Reviews > Wild Card

Wild Card by Moira Rogers

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in July, 2012

The first thing that caught my eye was the mix, cowboys and werewolves. It sounded a bit far fetched so I had to read the book.

Wild Card is about how Ginny Howard, a strong, independent werewolf and Jack Owens, the Alpha of the Lonley River Pack, finally get together. Jack has been haunted by the notion that Ginny, with all her strength and insecurities, would be the perfect Alpha female but she has resisted him this last five years.
Now Ginny is being harassed and needs Jacks protection.

The story could have been so much greater if edited right. There are holes in the flow of the story that annoyed me. And I think the world building could have been a bit stronger. Or clearer, I didn´t quite get the War.
And I had a bit problem with werewolves riding horses, the poor horses should be terrified. So a bit more about how that works would have been nice.

But apart from that Ginny and Jack were strong characters and the chemistry between them were hot.
There weren´t many secondary characters but the titbits about Hazel and Oliver has made me buy the next book in the series, which are about them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Card.