Taylor's Reviews > Winter of the World

Winter of the World by Ken Follett

U 50x66
Jul 26, 2012

Read from August 24 to September 01, 2012

I was a goodreads winner and was able to read this book early, something I was very excited about! Although this series does not live up to Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, it is still a spectacular series so far. This could just be because I am more fascinated by medieval times than the 1900's, however. This book is the second in the century trilogy and continues to follow the characters from the first novel, Fall of Giants, focusing more on their offspring and how they face the challenges of a world during the second world war. Overall I feel that it was a great book, full of detail, intrigue, and emotion. Not being particularly interested in the military however, the parts of the book discussing war tactics and battles could be a bit dry at times. So although I loved the continuance of the storyline and look forward to the third novel in this series, I have to only give the book 4 out of 5 stars because at times it did bore me. For anyone who is a Ken Follett fan or a historical novel lover, this is a book I would definitely recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter of the World.