Elyse Schramm's Reviews > Taking on the Dead

Taking on the Dead by Annie Walls

Sep 25, 12

bookshelves: zombies
Read from September 21 to 24, 2012

So this book has an amazing beginning and things really start with a bang. Imagine having the picture of perfect day at the fair the lights and sounds of the rides, kids laughing, and the smell of fair food. Great huh? Not when people start eating each other instead of cotton candy and funnel cakes! I really enjoyed this book, and it was well worth the wait. I always love a good gory zombie book first of all, and a strong female lead just makes my heart burst. This book took a very unexpected turn for me with the cause of the zombie apocalypse and I know Annie will go into more detail with the next book. NEXT BOOK?! I had no idea this was going to be a trilogy, I thought it was a stand alone. So I was thrilled at the end of the book to find it was going to be a series. The only reason I wouldn't give this book 5 stars is because of the frustration that Kansas and Rudy gave me!!! And I'm sure Annie will be okay with that reason, but I can't do that because I'm sure she has her story line so far for a reason and wants us to feel that way. (view spoiler) Okay, I'm done with my temper tantrum. I really loved this book! Kansas was a pretty big badass and learned well to cope with the end of the world from her father. I don't think that I could do what she did with Malachi and being by herself for as long as she did. But I think this detail was crucial to her learning to fight and survive. She is one amazing protagonist.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking on the Dead.