Jody 's Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh

Jul 29, 12

bookshelves: ghosts
Read from July 26 to 28, 2012

Hacienda Moon is a seductive tale of one woman’s journey to confront the demons of her past and find the courage to face her future. Its is a mesmerising novel that explores the deepest depths of human nature.

Hacienda Moon has everything a gothic novel needs. Mystery, curses, death, secret rooms, spooky attics, graves and all wrapped up in a ghostly old house full of gloomy and dark atmosphere.
KaSonndra is a very beautiful and skilled writer. I could feel all of the emotions the characters were going through. The heartbreak, grief, loneliness, anguish and sexual desire.
What all good spooky stories need is a gorgeous old haunted house. Chelby Rose, is just that. I fell in love with it. Especially its history and delightful ghosts.

The love interest between Tandie and Eric, was written so perfectly. First they were unsure of each other, suspicious and guarded. Their friendship blossomed and turned into a passionate romance. It wasn't rushed and moved along with the most perfect timing with the rest of the story.

I have to mention Ella, one of the ghosts. She was my favourite character in the novel. With her terrible laugh and the way she would run off into the woods screaming. She was utterly wonderful in a wrathful kind of way. I could just picture her out in the rose garden, that she was so in love with, dressed in her period clothing and hacking at the roses, completely enraged. Some may find her frightful. I found her to be just enchanting.
It was a fantastic read, gripping with suspense and the story unfolding as you go along keeping your nerves on edge.
Thank you KaSonndra for such a spooktastic gothic story and thank you for the ARC to read. I feel very honoured. Loved It.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.