Amy Jacobs's Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in July, 2012

How do you write a review on a book that is just okay? I am still trying to get my thoughts together on this book. I really wanted to love the story and the characters, but I just couldn't bring myself to really care about it by the last page. I am not trying to be harsh, but I think I had this book built up in my head to be great and it disappointed me in so many ways.

Again we are reading about a Dystopia/Fantasy like world set in the future. With the flood of books in this genre jumping on the Dystopian theme, you really have to write an awesome story and even better characters than the last big book. I found this book to be repetitive, drawn out and slow in building in momentum.

Onto another issue with this book. Yes there is a love triangle, but it came across all wrong. Max was sleaze and total jerk. If Zoe would have stood up to him when his crap started, I might have felt some sympathy towards her character. Instead she glosses over his behavior for so long that when her back bone finally stands up straight, I was hoping she would get what she deserved. Seriously, Max really ruined this book for me. I understand that some characters are needed to move a story, but his just moved it to the back of the pack in my opinion.

I had a really hard time finishing this book. I trudged through it though and finished it up until the last page. I can't see myself reading the rest of this trilogy though to see what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.