Aestas Book Blog's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Nicole  Williams

Aug 29, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: fans of Beautiful Disaster

"I'll be here, each day and every day on, as long as you want me to be."

LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

Fans of Beautiful Disaster and bad boy heroes are sure to love this book! It was not too long, had a romance that made my heart pound, twists that made my heart race, and a really seriously swoony and tortured bad boy hero! What's not to love??

The story hooked me right from the first paragraph - I took an instant liking to it and it just immediately put you right inside the narrator's head and had me flipping pages like crazy!

I absolutely adored the writing style!! It perfectly balanced lighthearted and serious. On the surface, its this classic bad boy meets good girl story but, right from the beginning, you can feel deeper, darker, painful undertones and you just know that when you learn the back stories, its going to be heart-wrenching.

You could just feel the sizzling chemistry/connection that Lucy and Jude had when they first met. I swear I felt like I was meeting him myself - my heart was pounding and just completely melted :)

Jude Ryder *squee/swoon* is a true bad boy and I literally loved him from the moment he showed up! He was like Travis Maddox's long lost brother - arrogant, cocky, with a bad reputation and a 2-page rap sheet, but so heart-racingly sexy and swoony and HOT but deeply tortured beneath the surface that you really can't help but fall in LOVE!

Gah! The nerve on him!! lol. Of course Lucy turns him right down but he's not one to be deterred. He sees something special in her and is willing to turn his life around for the better in order to win her heart. The road to that isn't smooth - its drama-filled, with page -turning twists, heart-break and secrets that took me completely by surprise and I loved every minute of it!

"...it's hard not to notice something special when life's thrown a lotta shit your way."

But seriously, my heart just broke for Jude and his past :( Seeing someone who clearly has such a good heart be haunted by these demons and be made to think so little of himself was heart breaking. He's "a boy with beautiful eyes and an ugly past", a total and complete bad boy with a bit of a temper (especially triggered when people attack or insult his girl) who has led a very rough life, but has a heart of gold and is just totally into his girl! *SWOON* and I loved that he had a deeper side to him - life taught him some hard lesson, perhaps far too soon, but with Lucy's help, he tried so hard to overcome his past. LOVED HIM!! <3

"This guy was every kind of wrong on the surface, but there was something more there, something I'd seen in that flash of vulnerability that sucked me in."

And I loved that Lucy was no pushover. She stood up to her parents, she didn't let gossip get the better of her, she had a huge heart and took a chance on Jude when all the signs were pointing against it.

Jude and Lucy have a lot of roadblocks in their path, but I just loved that neither of them really denied their affections for each other. They struggled through some pretty tough times, but throughout it all, their hearts belonged to each other... really a story of two people from different worlds finding a way to be together against all the odds.

"...I'll need you to promise me something...If I ever mess things up again, whether it's a missunderstanding or shit luck, or I just do what I was created to do and screw everything up... I want you to promise me you'll leave. Drop me like a bad habit and don't look back, because god knows, it can't be me that walks away since I'm incapable of it."

What is it about swoony tortured player bad boys that just fall head over heels for their girl that is just so heart-melting? :)

"Who, in all God's Gracious green earth... Is that?"... "Honey, a girl cant keep a man like that as a friend. He's a lover or an ex-lover, but never a friend. Men like that weren't created to be a woman's friend - they were created to make a woman hit high C three times in a row."

This book was the perfect balance of swee-worthy grin-enducing scenes and tortured characters, and despite it not being a long book, it made you care so deeply for the characters. The only thing I would have wished for was an epilogue. It had a HEA but I still wanted more.

Its YA with very light steamy (mostly some seriously HOT kisses).

I am absolutely hooked on this author's style - she has some serious story-telling talent - and look forward to reading more of her books.

4.5+ stars

For more of my reviews, visit Aestas Book Blog

And come join the Aestas Book Blog Facebook Page

**** NEWS UPDATE: *SQUEEE* There's gonna be a sequel to CRASH released in SEPTEMBER!!! Thats less than a month from now! Cannot wait for more of Jude and Lucy :D *happy dance*
121 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

0.0% "Starting now :)"
07/26/2012
3.0% " "The name's Jude Ryder, since I know you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers, or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special." hahhaahaa - what an intro!!" 3 comments
07/26/2012
6.0% " This guy was every kind of wrong on the surface, but there was something more there, something I'd seen in that flash of vulnerability that sucked me in." k, I know I just started but I am LOVING this book. Have been loving it since the first paragraph actually :))" 2 comments
07/26/2012
13.0% " it's hard not to notice something special when life's thrown a lotta shit your way.
I am in totally swoony love with Jude - although I think my heart is gonna break a little when I find out his backstory." 6 comments
07/26/2012
20.0% "Still loving the book, but.. O_O !!!"
28.0% "Dear Jude Ryder, I love you. :D" 8 comments
07/26/2012
35.0% " "Who, in all God's Gracious green earlth... Is that?"... "Honey, a girl cant keep a man like that as a friend. He's a lover or an ex-lover, but never a friend. Men like that weren't created to be a woman's friend - they were created to make a woman hit high C three times in a row."" 4 comments
07/26/2012
45.0% " "I'll be here, each day an every day on, as long as you want me to be."
Oh. My. God. I love him <3
Why? Why? WHYYYYYY do I have to go to bed now?
At least I'll have happy swoony yet tortured bad boy-filled dreams :)
*dreamy sigh*" 16 comments
07/27/2012
45.0% "SQUEEE!! Its book-time!"
07/27/2012
61.0% " "...8 need you to promise me something...If I ever mess things up again, whether it's a missunderstanding or shit luck, or I just do what I was created to do and screw everything up... I want you to promise me you'll leave. Drop me like a bad habit and don't look back, because god knows, it can't be me that walks away since I'm incapable of it."" 2 comments
70.0% "Mega-freaking-GULP"
07/27/2012
93.0% "Woah! Didn't see that coming!"
99.0% "All done! And i have the perfect picture for Jude :))" 12 comments

Anne OK Nicely written review! This story was a hit with me as well. As for the pics, love them! I don't recall the color of Lucy's hair being mentioned -- even when it got scorched!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it!

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Great review Aestas. Glad the stupidity-level was low enough to warrant 5 stars ;) I'm so excited to start this tonight.

Aestas Book Blog thanks guys :)

@AJ: Yeah... I really debated about that. I was thinking of giving it a 4.5 but in the end, because the book made me CARE so much about the characters and because even thinking about it made me smile, I just had to give it a 5.

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Aestas!

Jennifer Kyle What a great review. Wish I had your gift for writing!

Aestas Book Blog Thanks guys <3

Samantha Morris Spot on loved this book and Beautiful disaster,haven't read bad boy heroes. But agree 100% :-)

message 10: by Dinna Ken (new) - added it

Dinna Ken Loved the review.. looks like I'm gonna be hooked up to this really soon :D

Aestas Book Blog Thank you!! I hope you enjoy the book :)

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A*** DING! DING! DING!! You hit the nail on the head with this review!! My one and ONLY criticism.....I. WANT. AN. EPILOGUE!!!! So bummed there wasn't one!

Aestas Book Blog Mirjana wrote: "DING! DING! DING!! You hit the nail on the head with this review!! My one and ONLY criticism.....I. WANT. AN. EPILOGUE!!!! So bummed there wasn't one!"

Hahaha thank you! Maybe, if we are lucky, the author will release an epilogue someday... I know some authors do that sometimes. The fans would go through the roof!

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A*** This is from Nicole's Facebook: "You're SUPER welcome, Tammy! I've got some big news for CRASH fans coming next week I'll be posting. Stay tuned ;)" She posted that on August 8th.....I can't wait to see what it is!!!!!!!!

Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A*** Oh, I should mention that the poster asked her if she was thinking of turning this into a series.

Aestas Book Blog Squeeee!!! :-) ill keep an eye out for any info on Facebook then!

message 17: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Now THAT's exciting news!!!!

Copper Just finished this book. I love the tortured love stories. I was up, I was down but in the end I was happy!! I have told you before I love reading your reviews it is like your in my head.

Aestas Book Blog HLJ wrote: "Just finished this book. I love the tortured love stories. I was up, I was down but in the end I was happy!! I have told you before I love reading your reviews it is like your in my head."

Thank you!!! I love the tortured hero stories too -they are ever so swoony!! :-)

Aestas Book Blog SQUEEE!!! There's gonna be a sequel to CRASH released in SEPTEMBER!!! Thats less than a month from now! Cannot wait for more of Jude and Lucy :D *happy dance*

Elizabeth Zippadee Doooo Daaa!!! I am so happy!!!

Karen This one's next up on my list!!! Can't wait!!!

Aestas Book Blog Enjoy!! And lucky you get to read the sequel almost immediately after!

Aestas Book Blog SQUEEE!!! Did you guys see the new cover for CLASH??
[image error]

Copper This is exciting. I just finished the first book and I am ready to read this one. Yay

message 26: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ It matches!!! SQUEEEEEE!!! My inner-OCD is having a little dance party. I love this!

Aestas Book Blog Mine too!! I totally did an inner happy dance when I saw this :D

Aestas Book Blog For those of you who love book playlists, check this out!! The author has playlists available for both CRASH and CLASH at this link!! http://www.playlist.com/user/56924567...

message 29: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Aestas Book Blog wrote: " For those of you who love book playlists, check this out!! The author has playlists available for both CRASH and CLASH at this link!! http://www.playlist.com/user/56924567..."

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

message 30: by Brit (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brit you name dropped Beautiful Disaster - I'm in!

Aestas Book Blog Brit wrote: "you name dropped Beautiful Disaster - I'm in!"

Hahhaa I definitely think Travis fans will love Jude too :)

Aestas Book Blog Thanks Anna :)) there are so many amazing YAs out there. Enjoy!

Karen Great review (as usual). Loved this book, too and can't wait for the sequel!

Aestas Book Blog Thanks Karen :) me too! Can't wait!

Holly's pages in pink Loved this book!!!! Great review btw... If u haven't read her Eden trilogy- its the bomb!!!!

Aestas Book Blog Thanks Holly! I haven't read Eden yet but they are on my TBR list :-)

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Great review! If it wasn't YA, I'd add it to my list! :)

Aestas Book Blog Thanks Michele :) I'd definitely recommend reading it anyways - its pretty steamy YA... it made my heart race :)

message 39: by Mandie (new)

Mandie *Foxylutely Books!* Was it angst filled as well?

Aestas Book Blog um... yes... I guess... but not crazy-angsty.

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Thanks Michele :) I'd definitely recommend reading it anyways - its pretty steamy YA... it made my heart race :)"

I've gotta have the sex. When I do get in a YA mood, I'll come seek you out and get a rec. I feel like sex is a language all it's own, so when I read a book without it, I feel short changed. :)

Aestas Book Blog I know what you mean... it took me a while to warm up to YA but I usually find that with good YA, the emotions are described to such a heightened extent, that you sometimes don't need the sex. Let me tell you, this book has some mega-hot kisses in it!

Karen Michele from ROL Book Blog wrote: "Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Thanks Michele :) I'd definitely recommend reading it anyways - its pretty steamy YA... it made my heart race :)"

I've gotta have the sex. When I do get in a YA mood, I'l..."

Have you read "While it Lasts" by Abbi Glines? It is a HOT YA read and really good.

message 44: by TL (new)

TL great review :)

Aestas Book Blog thank you!

message 46: by TL (new)

TL your welcome :)

Dianne :)

Valeria I read this review on Monday and when friday came i was in love!!!! i absolutely love this book!! Love jude and lucy!!! thanks to you review!!!!