Anna's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Nicole  Williams

Jul 26, 12

Read in July, 2012

Where to begin?

Alright, first off, this book was incredible. I was fresh out of books to read, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book. I would definitely give it 5/5 stars.

Characters:
Jude- Where do I even start with him? Jude stole my heart from the first time he spoke to Lucy. I just thought his 'greeting' was so...unexpected. I love how Nicole Williams crafted this character. At first, you think he's just the typical "bad guy", but once you get to know him...you realize he's really a good guy, who really went through a bunch of crap in his life. Whenever he delved into his past, my heart ached for him. I just wanted to jump into the book and give him a well-deserved hug. I loved how Jude protected Lucy. Sure, he might've been overprotective sometimes, but I thought it was sweet. Throughout this book, do not assume you know Jude Ryder, because he is not a "predictable" character.

Lucy- I loved Lucy. I thought she was level-headed, and a no-nonsense type person. Of course she made some mistakes in this book, but everyone does. Jude did, and she did. Lucy had a crappy home life, and she couldn't really talk to her parents about Jude. She had to make her own decisions. When she learned things about Jude, she couldn't talk about it with any other people. Sometimes I thought it was stupid of her to trust Sawyer, but then I put myself into her position. Jude was an awfully sweet guy, but he did have a reputation. Do you trust him, the "bad boy", or Sawyer the "good guy"? Of course I love Jude, so I felt bad when she didn't trust him. However, she had to rely on herself to do what she felt was right. Throughout the book, you see how she grows, and learns from her mistakes.

Sawyer- All I can say is that he was NOT who I expected him to be. I knew that he "liked" a certain someone, but I didn't realize how far he would go to get what he wanted. At first I didn't understand why Jude hated him, but by the end, I hated him as much as Jude.

Taylor- I loved Taylor. She was just funny, and brought some comic relief to the story.

Relationship:
Jude/Lucy- They had so much chemistry. Even though they weren't always on the same page, I was pulling for them from the get-go. I wanted both of them to have their happy ending. I cried out of frustration because I just wanted everything to work out for them.

Overall Story:
I had not expected this story to be so complex. I thought it would be a happy, easy, read. It wasn't. It was a great book, and it consumed my thoughts when I wasn't reading it. Some parts were a little far-fetched, but I think the drama added more to the story. :) After all, every book needs a little unrealistic characteristics.

This book is truly a rollercoaster. When you read it, don't assume anything. I tried to figure out what would happen before it happened, but I was nearly always wrong.

Overall Review:
Read this book! If you like romance and action, this story is for you! I highly recommend it. You will not regret it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.