Melissa (TheBibliophilicCat)'s Reviews > Darkness Be My Friend

Darkness Be My Friend by John Marsden

Aug 07, 12

Read from August 06 to 07, 2012

This installment of the Tomorrow series wasn't quite as great as the rest, but it was still very good. It felt shorter than the rest and was a bit like a filler, though I actually appreciated the content and felt that it was necessary for the story. Don't ready further if you don't want any spoilers. I liked that everything basically failed in this book. Thus far the characters have been very successful in their "missions" with some problems thrown in there of course. I think it was important to have them fail completely at something to keep the story believable. There was also a lot of emotion throughout this book, and a lot of internal struggling for Ellie. Of course she has had a lot of struggle already in the series, but this book was much more focused on her than the rest. I was so sad to learn that Corrie had in fact died, but I was glad that the characters finally got to find out for sure what had happened to her and were able to have some closure. I must admit that I am liking Lee's character less and less. Yes it is very sad that his parents were killed, but I still don't like him as much anymore. Marsden writes his characters so well that I feel very invested in them (even if I am not liking some so much), and it leaves me having to immediately pick up the next book to see what else they are going to have to go through. On to the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Be My Friend.