Melissa (TheBibliophilicCat)'s Reviews > The Dead of Night

The Dead of Night by John Marsden

Aug 01, 12

Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

I loved this one just like the first. Again, the writing is great and the story line is believable and easy to follow. Even though these teenagers are doing things I would never dream of being able to do, it all still feels genuine because of their struggles. They are definitely resourceful, but that make sense because of where they grew up and that most of them are used to farming and ranching to some degree. Also, I still felt that the characters were developed so wonderfully through this book like in the first. I love the dialogue they have with each other as they work through plans, and then explain to each other how the plans worked out when they get back together after a "mission". You have to read the first one to get into this series, but it is totally worth it! Started the third book same day as finishing this one!!

P.S. I had the Nook edition of this one and found there to be a lot of errors. Not with editing of the actual book, but something happened when it was made into an e-book and there are so many small errors like using the wrong letter or wrong punctuation, or random symbols in the middle of a sentence. That needs to be fixed. Some of the sentences were even messed up as if the words had gotten out of order.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead of Night.