S. J.'s Reviews > Star Wars: The Complete Trilogy Radio Dramas

Star Wars by Brian Daley

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: favorites, media-tie-in, movie-adaptation, sci-fi, star-wars, audio-books
Recommended to S. by: Library
Recommended for: Star Wars fans
Read in January, 1999 — I own a copy, read count: At least twice

While I have yet to listen to this set completely, I have listened to all the dramas separately through the help of a wonderful library system. Since it has been so long, I can't give a truly in depth review but merely point out things I liked and didn't like.

Things I like:
I loved how in A New Hope, we get to 'hear' more of Luke on Tatooine. We see him interacting with peers and we get to meet Biggs who for anyone who read the novel was conspicuously absent in the film. I liked how well they were put together and how much back story was in all three of them. In some ways, they are indeed better than the films. I liked the use of sound effects and many of the voices, both old friends and new ones.

Things I Didn't Like:
While nearly all the voices were good, it does take some getting use to when you don't hear people you know very well doing the roles they are best known to you for. The drama can drag a bit in a couple of places.

All in all, this is well worth a look at by any fan of Star Wars. It has problems, but it is an experience that should not be missed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Wars.