Abigail's Reviews > The Woman Who Rides Like a Man

The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: epic
Read in August, 2007

Unfortunately I read this book straight after the first which meant there was a huge gap in my knowledge about this stage of Alanna's life. Therefore, reading this book for the first time involved many exclamations of joy and shock. However, I found it captivating and a thrill to read. As per usual, I found it hard to pronounce the names of some of the characters which sometimes I find bothersome but, overall I feel it adds another dimension to the books and the world Pierce creates, yet I would recommend looking up the phonetic spellings on her website. I felt this book shows Alanna's character grow a lot more than in the previous two books especially within her mage abilities and her love life which definitely adds drama to the tale. Overall, I enjoyed this book immensely with the ups and downs and mysterious happenings in her brother's life but, it is not my favourite Tamora Pierce which is why I rated it 4/5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman Who Rides Like a Man.

Quotes Abigail Liked

Tamora Pierce
“Men don't think and differently from women - they just make more noise about being able to.”
Tamora Pierce, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man