Joy's Reviews > Tigers in Red Weather

Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann

Jul 26, 12

The title of this book did not give me much of an indication of what would be between the covers. I was very pleasantly surprised to find an author who is able to portray her characters with such realism and unpredictability. The story line jumps back and forth in time, from 1959 to the late 60's, but that flows pretty well. Nick (female) seems to be the main character, but this novel is told from five different points of view. Somehow, to me, she seemed to be the strongest one. They all were very engaging and their lives were eminently readable. The one who tells his tale in the first person (the other points of view are in the third person), Ed, is quite a disturbed individual. But his observations of the others add to the whole mix, making this a very enjoyable read. I look forward to more from Liza Klaussmann. It says in her bio that she is the great-great-great granddaughter of Herman Melville. While that is a lot to live up to, I think she did a fine job this time around, and she shows great promise.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers in Red Weather.