Svea's Reviews > A Midsummer's Nightmare

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: daddy-issues, chick-flick
Read on July 26, 2012

Recently I've read a lot of books with the main character who has daddy issues. And it hits home, honestly. Probably, because I have those problems too. But it really breaks my heart to read about a broken relationship between a daughter and a father. The fact that her dad (and mom as well)neglected her all these years made her to be who she was at the beginning of the book - broken and angry. I was so happy for her to find the Caulfields (btw, and am I the only one who can see the irony - some people compared Whitley to Holden Caulfield and then her dads new family is the Caulfields??)because they made her feel like a part of something.
I loved Nathan - even though he said some mean things, he was still good at heart and his heart was broken by Whitley. But he was patient and kind and would've done anything for her sister which showed how good of a guy he was.
I adored Harrison and Bailey - I think they played such a crucial part in helping Whitley come out of that pit of darkness.
The story was good, I loved the plot, it wasn't entirely original but at the same time the author owned it and made it special.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer's Nightmare.

07/26/2012 page 254