Alisa's Reviews > A Journal for Jordan

A Journal for Jordan by Dana Canedy

Feb 02, 09

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in February, 2009

This story was heart tugging and wrenching at the same time. I do not know anyone personally that has lost a close one due to being in Iraq. Dana lost her fiancé Charles just 6 months after having their baby. The book moves a bit through their childhood, as well as how they met, courtship, and eventual decision to have a baby (and what a miracle it was) and get married. Even though I knew how the book ended, several parts touched me, especially the love of Charles for Dana and the love of his son Jordan. I can’t even imagine having the father of my child be gone to war, and then 6 weeks before he was due to come home, pass away. I especially found touching that Charles started writing a journal for Jordan that he can read forever and several passages are included in the book, and several made me cry. Though this book made me cry, it made me realize just how lucky I am to have my baby’s father at home with me and make me not take one second for granted with them. I definitely had a hard time putting this book down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Journal for Jordan.