Trish's Reviews > Midnight Secrets

Midnight Secrets by Ella Grace

Apr 25, 2013

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, new-to-me-author, netgalleyarc, romantic-suspense, ex-military-hero
Read in January, 2013

ARC provided by NetGalley

The plot recipe of Midnight Secrets is not very different and lacks some originality. Small southern town with a mysterious killer who has gotten away with murder for years. Rich family with three orphaned sisters raised by a loving grandfather. Add a sexy bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks who has a thing for one of the beautiful sisters, and you have yourself a story.

But the pacing of Midnight Secrets keeps me reading. And I become attached to the loving relationship between the sisters and the budding relationship between Zach and Savannah when they were only teenagers. Ella Grace does a stellar job portraying young love--those that can be filled with illusions and disappointments and heartbreak. And the hope of second chances and the healing that family can give us when we need a shoulder to cry on.

After the death of her grandfather, Savannah arrives to pack up his home. The place where she had long ago given away her heart to Zach Tanner--the boy who left town without a word and always felt he wasn't good enough for the likes of Savannah Wilde.

But during her stay, Savannah's suspects that something isn't quite right regarding her parents murder-suicide that happened over a decade ago. When she starts asking questions, it's blatantly obvious that someone wants those secrets to remain buried.

Zach has also returned to Midnight, Alabama and is now the town's sheriff. Both are thrown together to figure out the secrets of the past and their combustible sexual chemistry is hard to deny. But time is running out as a killer stalks the streets to protect his or her identity and the bloody truth about Savannah's parents death.

Fans who love their books filled with suspense and enjoy a side of steamy romance will fall for the southern charm of Zach Tanner and the twisty turn of events at the story's climax.

I can see myself returning back to Midnight, Alabama to see what happens to the other Wilde sisters in this new series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Secrets.