Shannon (Twilight Sleep)'s Reviews > Blood and Mistletoe

Blood and Mistletoe by E.J. Stevens

1909179
Nov 20, 12

Read from October 21 to November 18, 2012

First I must apologize for doing this author a disfavor and not getting my review out there sooner. Whole point of an ARC, I know - I'm sorry E.J.! That being said....she's done it again. Another book that I LOVED. As a matter of fact, I really give it 4.5 stars. And if you know me, you know that's a big deal. My 5 star reviews are a sacred piece of me that I don't part with easily, but I'm starting to think Stevens is going to squeeze one out of me before it's all said and done.

Even though this was a novella, it still lent itself to a fullness that was satisfying but of course left me wanting more. I want more Ivy, I want more Jenna, I SO want more Marvin (love love love that kid), and I want to see what the hell's going to happen between Ivy and Ceffyl!

This story left off right where Shadow Sight ended - which gives me hope that maybe Ghost Light will pick up right where this left off??? *side glance at author* Anywho, someone (or something) is killing fae and the, well, fae, aren't too happy about it. The only clue: a sprig of mistletoe left behind with each victim. Ivy and Jinx agree to take on the case against their better judgment...which leads to some crazy intenseness that I wasn't expecting. I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say that Ivy takes off the gloves - literally. If you've read Shadow Sight then you know that's code for LET THE INTENSENESS BEGIN, INTENSE ALL THE THINGS!!!!!kfahkesak;gtjiah94w357hsptgu113!!!!!

Yes. Well anyway, Ivy being Ivy of course eventually finds the culprit, along with a merry band of creepy, eat your face off, give me nightmares redcaps who are almost too much to handle, save her interesting partnership with the Hunter, Jenna. By the time everything was over and I peeked out from the covers, I was staring at the end of the book wondering why'd I'd let any pesky wedding planning and honeymooning ever keep me from it.

I'm ready for the next episode. You need to read this so you can be ready too. But make sure to read Shadow Sight first, or you'll just be lost and wondering why you don't get it. And I will laugh at you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Mistletoe.