Misty's Reviews > Unfed

Unfed by Kirsty McKay

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: own, recieved-for-review
Read from August 11 to 13, 2012

Unfed is just as funny and entertaining as book one and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pace is quick and picks up throughout and kept me turning the pages. I was worried that Unfed might be too similar to book one, Undead, since this book once again sees Bobby running away from the zoms but Kirsty McKay managed to keep it fresh and different, there was a little more to what's going on in Unfed, so I didn't feel like I was just reading the same book again.
I absolutely love Bobby's inner monologue and the banter between the characters, it's just my kind of humour and I was laughing my butt off through the whole book.
I have to say though, during the guys search for Smitty and Bobby's Mom there were times when things happened a bit too conveniently and were unbelievable, like a random walkie talkie showing up out of nowhere, just when the guys need it. But these things were easy enough to overlook since the book is nice and light and is still full of lots of Zombie action.
The storyline is also expanded on in Unfed and we're starting to get a view of the bigger picture, it's not just a gore-fest lol.
If you liked book one then needless to say you will like this too and after you'll be just like me, dying for book three!

Favourite quotes

'Smitty? The voice behind me makes me twist round awkwardly, and my feet almost slip from under me. A hand catches me under the elbow.'

''Miss me?' He's smiling but his eyes are deadly serious.
I can feel the heat coming off his body. I open my mouth to make some wise guy retort, but I'm all out of clever. I want to kiss him, I hate that I want to. I hope he makes me do it anyway.'
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unfed.

08/11/2012 page 73