Cara Bristol's Reviews > A Firm Husband

A Firm Husband by Sue Lyndon

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: domestic-discipline
Read on July 26, 2012

Clara Sutton wants to see more of the country than Wyoming, where her pa and aunt have a ranch. So she hops a stage and runs away, intending to visit Boston. Her father sends his new foreman William Davies to bring her back. When she’s resistant (and lies to him), to her great chagrin, he spanks her, and that sets the tone for their relationship.

If you enjoy “spanking romances” you’ll find A Firm Husband to be classic for the genre: sexy, macho hero meets a wayward heroine who needs to be taken in (under) hand. The cowboy/ranch theme works well in this novella. What I especially liked about this particular book was that the spanking scenarios made sense. The heroine’s misdeeds were serious enough to warrant a spanking, yet the reader understood her motivation for doing what she did, and she remained likeable. Good plotting! The one thing that bumped me was that William asks Clara to marry him right after spanking her – and she agrees. I didn’t buy that part. However, I sped through this book and look forward to reading other Sue Lyndon spanking stories.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Firm Husband.