Wealhtheow's Reviews > Lost Souls

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite

Jul 30, 07

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal_romance, queer-characters
Recommended for: tween vamp fans

If you're going through puberty and feeling weird, this is a great book to read. With enough vampires, gay sex, incest and goth clubbing to satisfy any young misunderstood oddball (and truthfully, I have never been in a single goth club that played "Bela Lugosi's Dead" even once, let alone every night), this is a fun piece of wish-fulfillment. Dark, twisted, unbelieavable and not particularly sophisticated, I'd recommend this to anyone wearing Crow makeup in a rural town in the midwest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Souls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marikxon (new)

Marikxon Manurung Well I think it's recommended book for people those loves about vampire story. Thanks for your reviews Wealhtheow Wylfing.

Hot Tub Reviews

Portable Hot Tubs

Jessica Hee. I'd like to report that I've danced to Bela Lugosi's Dead at Neo and Club 950 countless times. But yes, every night would be excessive, even for Neo.

Wealhtheow Haha, I finally did dance to BLG at, iirc, Club Anything. So it's not impossible, btut still, more of a rarity than this book assured me it would be!

message 4: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Mcneil I have indeed heard BLG played in a goth club, more than once in a night. It was 1989 I think. I'll get my zimmer frame....;)

message 5: by Greg (new)

Greg Oh, please play “Bela Lugosi” just once… really loud, in the dark…. just once.