Lorena Brandizzi's Reviews > The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: to-read

I cannot say that his book is perfect. But I can say that it is worthy the reading. It's not the book that changes your life. What change your life are the decisions the book invites you to take. Warren drives our attention to the fact that we are not here on earth to do whatever we want to do, we are here to fight for our happiness. It's not easy to hear (or to read) that the purpose of your life is not happiness. Actually, it chocks because everywhere you turn to you hear quotes like "live your life as it was your last day", "don't worry, be happy", "do whatever you need to do, but be happy". Well, Warren says that's not the point. We are here to fulfill the purpose of God for us. I'm not quite convinced that the purposes of God for us are only the five that Warren explained. I think we are just human beings, we cannot pretend to know everything about God. It would be better if Warren had been a little bit more humble and if he'd said: "Well, God let me learn that we can strike to please him searching for these five attitudes, but I know that the will of God is much higher than our, and that his thoughts are higher than ours, and I know that He can reveal his will to you, personally too.".
But I'm sure that this book opened my eyes to some aspects of Christian life that I wasn't aware of and I'm glad and grateful for this. I think that we must take the best of everything we read or hear.

PS: Sorry for the possible writing mistakes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Purpose Driven Life.