Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > The One

The One by Heather Self

Sep 17, 12

Read from September 13 to 14, 2012

The One Review on K-Books

"Besides, I do love to play knight in shining armour to a beautiful damsel in distress."

When I first heard that my good friend Heather Self had a book out I instantly just needed to read it. She is totally awesome so I knew her book was going to be amazing. But... I was in no way prepared for the awesomeness of this book. I can barely speak right now. There are no words to explain just how much I adored this book. It completely blew me away.

Eveline is a Kin, a dragon and she has been moved from place to place all her life in order for her parents to protect her. They believe she is 'The One' that an age-old prophecy fortold about. The One who can save her whole race. Evi finds herself moving to Leadsville, a place full of Kin who will help protect her but a place where secrets that have been kept for her entire life come poaring out. Will Evi be able to finally believe in herself and that she does have the power to save everyone? And will she finally be able to have a normal life?

I really loved this book. I fell head-over-heels in love with it right from the start. I haven't really read that many books about Dragons so when I heard it was about dragons I instantly wanted to read it. This is without a doubt the most original Dragon book I have ever read in my life. It's just amazing. I am in love with this book and Heather's writing is just incredible. I was sucked in right from the first page and just couldn't put it down. I just had to keep reading and find out what was going to happen. There were so many twists and turns that I did not see coming at all and I was left completely gobsmacked with my jaw on the floor going WHAT?!?!

I really loved that Evi's parents were really honest with her. There is a lot of YA books where the lead character has to figure everything out for themselves and do not have a lot of help discovering everything. In The One Evi has really supportive parents who will help her with anything and sat and explained the prophecy and helped her come to terms with everything. I really loved that about this book. I love Evi she is such an awesome character. I really loved how much she grew as a character throughout the book. She went from not believing she was The One to believing she was and starting to work towards figuring out the prophecy.

The One is without a doubt the only book in existence where I cannot choose between the guys. First we have Chase. Oh Lord... I love Chase so damn much. He is flirty and cheeky and I fell head-over-heels in love with him. There are just no words to explain how much I completely love him. All the way through the book I was adament that she has GOT to end up with Chase because he's just so swoon-worthy and perfect. He is right up there with Aiden from JLA's Covenant series. He reminded me of Aiden so much and as everyone knows Aiden is my fave fictional boy... EVER!

BUT... then we met Kieran and I am just in love with him too. He is the typical drool-worthy bad-boy and I was just so torn. I love Chase so much but Kieran is equally as drool-worthy and sweet and perfect and now I just don't know who I love more. They are both perfect but I think I prefer Chase a little more. Chase just stole my heart. But I love them both!

The One is one of the best debuts I have ever read and I loved every single moment of it. I am left reeling dying to know what is going to happen next... Okay... Yes I just wanna read more of Chase and Kieran! I cannot wait for book 2 to be released and I will be happy dancing for sure when I finally get my hands on it. A fantastic start to a promising series.

"In no way do I deserve you, but I will strive to show you every day how precious you are to me."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Smiley Just read your review on your blog. Great review. Came here to add it to my tbr because of your post :) Thanks!

Kayleigh {K-Books} Thanks Danielle =)