Krissy's Reviews > America, You Sexy Bitch

America, You Sexy Bitch by Meghan McCain

Jul 25, 12

liked it
Read in July, 2012

I liked this book! It is not a book that will change your life, or you will want to read again and again, but it was well worth reading. Michael Ian Black is a Democrat comedian and Meghan McCain is a Republican commentator/blogger who travel across America in an RV to meet the "Real" America. They come from VERY different backgrounds, live very different lives and disagree on a lot of issues, but they are also both open-minded and informed about the issues they care about.

I enjoyed reading when they both respected each others beliefs, even if they don't agree with them, and wish more people - especially politicians - could do the same. I am a registered Independent because neither party appeals to me enough to call myself one of their ranks, and agree with both sides on different issues. This didn't make me want to be one or another, but to hope that the tone that politics has taken lately - the idea that one side is always right and other always wrong - can change for the better. With people like Mr. Black and Ms. McCain we have a fighting chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read America, You Sexy Bitch.