Quinky's Reviews > The Mating

The Mating by Nicky Charles

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: pnr
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012

It's been a while since I've come across a werewolf story- due to the fact of over flooding vampire popularities- and this book didn't let me down. I think it's even better than some of the published book out there.

It's a good start for a series. It has a great opening chapter and flows nicely in words and pace. I can really picture some parts like a movie (view spoiler).

The steamy parts were sexy as hell too. The character building is good, though I really hate the villain. (view spoiler)

If there's one thing I didn't like, it's probably the title. It made it sound like some kind of an erotica novel or something, which is totally far from it. The story has a solid plot and good mystery behind the romance, though I didn't like the way the clues were presented. (view spoiler)

I wished Ryne would have appeared earlier so that I could get to know him better to want to read his book. Not that I won't, but I kind of wished to read more of Kane and Elise.

Overall it's a good read. I like it, but it's not something totally new and fresh and thus the four stars. If you're team werewolf, then maybe you can give this book a go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mating.