Charlotte's Reviews > Where We Belong

Where We Belong by Emily Giffin

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: nook
Read from July 25 to 29, 2012

Where We Belong is a heartwarming tale about regrets, forgiveness, acceptance, and most importantly family. The author did an amazing job of bringing Kirby and her family to life. It was fascinating to see the differences between the world that Kirby actually grew up in and the world that she might have grown up in, had Marian not given her up for adoption. And the argument could be that Kirby's working class family provided the better childhood than her "rich" birth mother could have given her. I like how the author was also careful not to really cause angst between Kirby and her family when she started seeking out her birth mother, they were cautious, yet very supportive, despite their own fears of losing their daughter.

Bottom line, fans of Emily Giffin are going to love and appreciate Where We Belong. The characters are multi-dimensional with unexpected depth. And the story of Kirby and Marian is one that will touch your heart. If you are a fan of the wonderful Emily Giffin, you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where We Belong.