Megan's Reviews > On a Pale Horse

On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: too-bad-to-finish

I read more than half of this book because I really tried to like it. The premise of the story was intriguing and beneath the pen of a great writer, it could have been an amazing novel. This is the only book I've read where I have skipped over whole sections because the scene was pointless or so tediously described that it didn't make sense. The main character's thoughts and actions seemed to be contradictory most of the time. Mr. Anthony used so many exclamation marks while punctuating Zane's dialogue that I felt like he was constantly yelling.00 The characters weren't developed and they kept revisiting the same dialogue over and over. The only character that even seemed to be remotely intelligent was War and even then his dialogue was predictable. The magic system barely made sense and the description of the various magical stones got to be too confusing to keep up with because so many different ones were mentioned. The dialogue was so vapid in some parts that it felt more like filler text than a progression of plot. Overall, I was extremely disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Pale Horse.