Adria (Romance Reviews)'s Reviews > Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed

Jul 31, 2012

bookshelves: read-and-reviewed
Read from July 25 to 29, 2012

Originally posted on Breath of Life Reviews

Can I just say "Wow?" I LOVED this book, I mean truly loved it. Let me start off by saying that I love a hero that is at a disadvantage, whether it be a personality or physical disadvantage like Jonas, I love it. Too many times in a romance novel it's the female that is at the disadvantage and needs rescuing from the hero. Not so in Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed, it's Jonas Merrick who needs to be rescued. His emotional damage is severe, and on top of that, he was scarred physically on purpose by someone close to him. Almost from the beginning the obstacles seemed to much for the heroine, Sidone (what a great name by the way). I didn't know if she could ever come close to over coming them and getting her happy ending, but she's one smart and determined character.

Jonas Merrick broke my heart. He may WANT to come off as a careless and cold man but he isn't. A big part of him wants to be accepted and loved for himself and not for what he can do for them. His trust is something that is hard to earn, fragile to keep and almost impossible to regain once lost. What a wonderful hero he made! The ultimate tortured soul in my opinion.

The emotional connection between Jonas and Sidone takes such a long time to form and when it does it is so fragile, so delicate that it's almost impossible to believe they will make it and that's what makes Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed so good. It's the angst, the uncertainty and the longing between Jonas and Sidone that kept me turning the pages until the wee hours of the morning.

One thing that is certain though, throughout the book there are some really steamy "almost sexy time but not quite yet" moments that left me flushed and fanning myself, and I'm not even going to mention the sexytime scenes for fear of combustion. So reader beware!

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed is the first book in a new series by Anna Campbell and though it hasn't even been released yet, I'm terribly eager for the next book in the series and judging by the teaser, it promises to be a really good read just like this one!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed.

07/26/2012 page 76
07/28/2012 page 212
55.0% "Eeek! The passion and angst are going to kill me!! I'm loving this book. I sense a new favorite here."
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by S (new) - added it

S Can u please email me this book ? :( Sehrish_wb@hotmail.com

Adria (Romance Reviews) Sehrish wrote: "Can u please email me this book ? :( Sehrish_wb@hotmail.com"

The book isn't even out yet but you can request a temporary ARC from Netgalley if you choose. I don't give out books that have been entrusted to me by publishers/authors.