Deidra's Reviews > The Mayfair Moon

The Mayfair Moon by J.A. Redmerski

Jul 26, 12

liked it
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012

First, a shout out to this home-grown author! I love to see/hear of authors from my little state. Yay!

I downloaded a sample chapter and loved the flow of writing. It was paced perfectly, not too 'flowery', and hooked me immediately. The set up for the plot was great and I knew the expectation was girl meets guy, guy wants her/doesn't want her, etc. By the middle of the story I had to back up and reread to see if I had missed something. (I hadn't) yet, it seemed that the author could have fleshed out the relationship between the main characters, Adria and Isaac. It was like they met briefly and suddenly had a 'love factor' going on. Totally confusing to me, because honestly, there should have been some build up of some kind. It really seemed that this part was rushed through and I felt more could have been done to weave that part of the story into something more believable. Another thing that bothered me was the acceptance of the whole werewolf thing being dumped in her lap. It seemed like the conflict of what was happening in the story was given to me (the reader) all at once. Too much information in that chapter!

Now, before you think I am hatin', I totally loved this book. I love the characters, some minor characters got too much 'play', but other than that, I wish the author had been more thorough in certain aspects, and pulled away in others. I gave this a 3 star for the big skip in the relationship between Adria and Isaac, and also for the big dump of werewolf info while Adria was at the house finding out about the werewolves.

Another note, it had similar aspects to Twilight. Maybe not intentional, but I haven't read Twilight since it was a newbie on the market and I made quite a few connections. It didn't bother me (and no, not connections in the werewolf area, but actually in the relationship and settings).

Before you ask, yes, I will read the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mayfair Moon.

07/26/2012 page 305