Rhianna's Reviews > The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale

The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine  Bell

2000093
Jul 25, 12

Missed the romantic element, loved being back in this world!

One of my favorite reads last year was Christine Bell's THE TWISTED TALE OF STORMY GALE. In one short story she managed to create a luminous, exciting world of steampunk-ish time travel that was romantic and fun. The only part I disliked was that it had to end. Thank goodness she wrote a sequel!

Stormy's back, trying to be a respectable wife and mother, as much as her rather unconventional life can allow. But when she can't leave well enough alone she winds up stirring up a hornet's nest of time traveling trouble when her brother finds himself kidnapped by another time pirate. Following Bacon and his kidnapper lands Stormy and Dev smack dab in the middle of post-Witch Trials Salem. Can she and her beloved save her brother from a witch's fate?

Yep, she went there and it's just as funny as you can imagine. Stormy is just one of those characters that I can't imagine anyone not enjoying and getting to see she and Dev working together to rescue her brother was a treat. The villainous Grubb will have you rooting for his outwitting and newly introduced characters will expand the world even further. THE BEWITCHING TALE OF STORMY GALE manages to be a great follow-up and shouldn't be missed by folks who enjoyed the first.

It's hard not to spoil anything but it was a fast and fun read, had some unexpected turns, and ended in such a way I'm going to be really frustrated if there isn't another Stormy Gale adventure being written. I don't recommend it as a stand-alone so be sure you get them in the right order! This one is definitely not a romance in formula but I think fans who enjoyed the chemistry between Dev and Stormy will love seeing more of them together as husband and wife.

***ARC received via NetGalley.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale.