Julia's Reviews > Close Enough to Touch

Close Enough to Touch by Victoria Dahl

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: fiction, romance, dropbox
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012

Though a little darker than my favorite Victoria Dahl books, CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH still has the character development and heart pounding romance that keeps bringing me back for more. I love how Dahl's Happily Ever Afters match her characters as individuals, and this book was no exception.

Grace and Cole both have bagage to work through, which means the romance and their characters both have a slow, tentative opening. Grace is dark, angry and uncommunicative, which doesn't leave much room for Dahl's characteristic witty dialogue. Just as Grace and Cole take awhile to open up to each other, I took a little longer to get attached to them. Luckily, there was out of this world chemistry and hot, hot sex scenes to keep me occupied in the meantime.

While CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH didn't make me laugh as much as prior books, a big part of that is due to the main character's themselves. Cole and Grace haven't had a lot of happiness in their lives, and watching them grown and find it with each other is worth passing up a few laughs. This book has beautiful characters, scorching hot sex scenes, and a happy ending that is all the more effective in it's realism. I usually finish one Dahl book hungry for the next, and CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH is no exception.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close Enough to Touch.