Lisa Filipe's Reviews > Star Crossed

Jul 25, 2012

bookshelves: arc, goddess-fish, gifted-by-author
Read from July 25 to August 15, 2012

Stop by http://atastyread.blogspot for the FULL Star Crossed Blog Tour Post

Ok, so here I am, about 30% through the story, and not only am I already heated up from page one, but I had to stop myself, connect to Amazon and download Defying the Odds, the first book in the Battered Hearts Series. I was meeting these characters who I wanted to know more about, so I decided to read Clay and Melody's book first before I got back to Star Crossed. I am so happy that I read Defying the Odds first, cause not only were the love scenes steamy as all get out, and Clay was a smoking hot heavyweight falling in love for the first time, but I truly enjoyed Kele Moon's writing style and all the characters I met along the way.

Now, Star Crossed starts out with a band...ok...maybe explosion is a better description, and I don't mean the kind that involves fire. This book starts out hot and just gets hotter and hotter with every word. Romeo Wellings has to be one of the sexist heroes I have read, and I have read A LOT! Maybe it's the New York accent or the fact that he is a fighter who helped raise his younger brother, or it could be all the sexy things he says to Jules, but boy will he have you melting into a pile of YOWZA.

Jules "Juliet" is my kind of heroine, no-nonsense, knows what she wants and isn't afraid to say it out loud. The only problem is that her twin-brother, who is her best friend, is not all that fond of Romeo Wellings and let's it be known, as well as, his two brother's, Nova and Tino. Love the names by the way, reminds me of all the peeps back in New York.

If you think the original Romeo and Juliet was tragic...your heart will be breaking for sure while reading Star Crossed. You just want everything to work out for this couple and will be literally on the edge of your seat until the end.

I simply adored this series and can't wait until book three, which will hopefully be about Wyatt and Tabitha...there is so much that needs to be explained and I can't wait to find out where Kele is going to take this series.

I highly recommend not only Star Crossed but Defying the Odds, and then make sure to mark Kele Moon as a Need-to-Read author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Crossed.

08/07
08/09
30.0% "Had to stop here, purchase the first book of the series, Defying the Odds...Read it today...now I can finish!!"
03/27 marked as: read