Td's Reviews > Calling the Show

Calling the Show by J.A. Rock

Jul 29, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, light-and-easy
Read in July, 2012

It is a beautiful thing when you have alternating 1st person POV's that works and you don't even need to look at a name to know who is speaking, that is how distinct Jesse and Sim's voices were. Engaging characters in a light on the angst, amusing opposites attract story with some tender moments. The BDSM was also light and more about two people discovering a few kinks together and what worked for them without falling into assumed roles. I thought the technical side of theater was nicely balanced with the Hula hooping which supplied some *ahem* interesting visuals. Excellent pick me up and very entertaining.

Note to Sims: Only that one brief cat mention, but Jesse's pet rat, Craybill, had a prominent role. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calling the Show.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simsala (new) - added it

Simsala

message 2: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Oooh Td is back!

message 3: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td VIO!!! This is a break induced by guilt. I'm sorry! But I think it was a good call. 20% and so far I see you liking this...a lot! :)

message 4: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Td wrote: "VIO!!! This is a break induced by guilt. I'm sorry! But I think it was a good call. 20% and so far I see you liking this...a lot! :)"

Guilt? By whom? Can I guess.....so you think its a good one for me then?

message 5: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td Self-induced guilt. Our usually guilty party is truly innocent this time around, can you believe it?! Yes, I think this might be a very good fit for you. Let me break the halfway barrier and I'll let you know for sure.

message 6: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Lol okay its good to see you back however brief it might be! Thanks.

message 7: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td I'll try to balance it out, Vio. OH! Before I forget...Sims, there was a CAT mentioned covering half of Simeck's face in a picture early on. No further sightings of said cat. ;)

message 8: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Td wrote: "I'll try to balance it out, Vio. OH! Before I forget...Sims, there was a CAT mentioned covering half of Simeck's face in a picture early on. No further sightings of said cat. ;)"

You do what's right for you, and just try to ignore us lol!

message 9: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Td wrote: "I'll try to balance it out, Vio. OH! Before I forget...Sims, there was a CAT mentioned covering half of Simeck's face in a picture early on. No further sightings of said cat. ;)"

*lol*. You're just going to take note on every mention (with sightings or otherwise) of cats from now on, huh?

message 10: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td Ami, the plan is simple: Aggravate Sims mercilessly until she lets me off the cat hook. I will make her raise the flag in surrender!

Thanks, Vio. Keep this one in mind when you need a pick me up. ;)

message 11: by Simsala (new) - added it

Simsala Good luck! ;-)

message 12: by Simsala (new) - added it

Simsala A rat? Ugh...;-)

message 13: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td Yep. A rat with a long pink tail.

message 14: by Simsala (new) - added it

Simsala Not yellow? Too bad...:)

MandyM That hula hooping sex scene! I'll never be able to look at hula the same way. lol Totally hot!

message 16: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Well, with positive reviews like this (and MandyM, of course), I think I'll move this from my maybe list to my to-read list :)

MandyM I think you'll like it Ami. It's not perfect but this author tells a great story!

message 18: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio I like the sound of Craybill, might give the cat some competition! Sims should be happy with this Td you mentioned every beast available.

message 19: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td I didn't want to mention it Mandy, but yes, hooping HOOOTT!
Move it up, Ami! I think you'll like it too.
Vio, I have a feeling Sims is going to be stubborn about this. I may have to re-think my simple plan. :(

message 20: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Td wrote: "Move it up, Ami! I think you'll like it too..."

Now that I have finished Kaje Harper's free story, I think I will.

message 21: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Td wrote: "I didn't want to mention it Mandy, but yes, hooping HOOOTT!
Move it up, Ami! I think you'll like it too.

Stubborn...."coughs".....good luck!

message 22: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td @ Ami -

@ Vio - Sigh...I can't win this one, huh?

message 23: by Vio (new) - added it

Vio Td wrote: "@ Ami -

@ Vio - Sigh...I can't win this one, huh?"

I didn't say that......here you will need it!

message 24: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars