Chrissie's Reviews > Lighthousekeeping

Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson

When did I read this? I sure am glad I only gave it two stars immediately after reading it. I remember nothing about it!

Very patchy writing. Sometimes it was just too absract and other times I thought it was pure poetry. Too bad I cannot give it both a one star and a five star rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lighthousekeeping.

Cecily I thought it was a wonderful book, but I know what you mean: the style does change a lot, and the poetic bits were my favourite, too.

Chrissie The only thing I remember is what I wrote in that teeny review. I wish I had written more so the book would come back to me now. sorry, I cannot say much!

Cecily Don't worry. I feel the same about my early reviews (whereas my recent ones tend to be over-long).

message 4: by Chrissie (last edited Jan 06, 2014 07:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chrissie Yes, yes ,yes - are we twins?! I am always telling myself to just say it quickly, but once I get going I want to make sure people erally understand what I am trying to convey!

Cecily Maybe. ;)

I've given up trying to tell myself to say it quickly: I write what I write for myself, and if others enjoy it, that's a bonus.

Chrissie Exactly, for me writing the review helps me sort my own thoughts. I write for myself and always have and that is why I simply cannot stop.... even when I get annoyed at GR changes.