Want My YA's Reviews > Sleepless

Sleepless by Terri  Clark

Dec 06, 08

Read in November, 2008

Trinity's dreams are not her own. People come to Trinity while she sleeps and they tell her things she'd rather not know. Lucid dreaming they call it, but as far as Trinity's concerned it's a nightmare. She's tried to keep her so-called “ability” to herself. Her mother's known about it since Trinity was a child, but not even her best-friend knows the truth.

Trinity has always tried to hide from the knowledge she gets in her dreams, but when a murdered girl comes to her for help, Trinity can't back down. That was a year ago. Thanks to her, the police caught the man responsible, but thanks to his lawyer Rafe Stevens won't go to jail, but instead to a mental hospital. Now Trinity's dreams have taken a turn down a very frightening road. She's seeing images of torture, pain and pleasure. Trinity knows it's Rafe and she learns something else: he's coming for her.

SLEEPLESS is the perfect title for this debut from Terri Clark. You won't want to sleep, you'll be too busy reading. I was so desperate to see what would happen next that I tuned out the world. Trinity is a great character and I would love to see her and her friends again. I also love the whole dream aspect of the story. Dreams bring out some of our biggest fears and vulnerabilities and it's interesting to see this kind of take on them. It's also a different kind of paranormal which is always good to see. All I know is that from now on I'm keeping my eye out for more from Terri Clark and you should too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepless.