Isabel's Reviews > The Thing About the Truth

The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt

Sep 20, 12

Read from September 19 to 20, 2012

Normally, I'd like to think I'd recommend anything by Lauren Barnholdt. I absolutely adored Two-Way Street, and Watch Me, so I was incredibly excited when my hold on this book from the library came in. I ordered it about three months ago and I JUST got it, that's how many people wanted to read it. Obviously, I was extremely delighted when I got it, especially from the anticipation from three months of waiting.

I was extremely disappointed. The plots are so rushed, she hates him one page and then the next page she likes him and wants her to kiss him. The backstory is almost nonexistent, the characters are annoying, and it was just overall god-awful. She creates this huge suspenseful build-up, which is really why I stayed until the end. You get to it, and it is so minuscule and it's about three pages long. She could've at least made that part from Isaac's part of view, that would have at least made it a little more interesting.

All in all, I hated it. I wouldn't ever read it again, which is a huge disappointment, because I usually love her books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thing About the Truth.